Web 2.0 / New York
The materials for both of my Web 2.0 talks are available here. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.
I normally upload my slides to slideshare.com, but it's not working for me at the moment. You can download directly in the meantime:
- building-cross-platform-mobile-apps.key.zip (2.1MB download)
- the-mobile-browser-landscape.key.zip (790KB download)
- Do transitions work in FireFox?
- Yes. The transitions that I demonstrated in the examples files will work in FireFox if you replace
- Does Web Storage (localStorage and sessionStorage) work across subdomains?
- No. The Web Storage areas are "per origin" which includes scheme (e.g., http, https), host (including subdomain), and port.
- If a file is listed in both the CACHE and NETWORK sections of cache manifest file, what happens?
- The CACHE section wins. This surprised me because I expected the NETWORK section to win, but I tested in Chrome and Safari and observed the same behavior.
- Can mp3 files be stored offline using application cache?
- Checking on it...
- Does Web Storage work on Palm Pre?
- Checking on it...
Links to both free and paid versions of my mobile app development books can be found here.
Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps
- jQTouch main site
- Sencha Touch main site
- PhoneGap main site
- PhoneGap wiki/docs
- How to Install PhoneGap
- Intro to jQTouch
- TextMate Bundle for jQTouch
- TextMate Bundle for Safari
- Web Storage spec
- Web SQL Database spec
- Offline Application Cache spec
- GloveBox: Bare-metal webkit touch enabled scroll project
The Mobile Landscape
- Mobile comparsion charts from PPK
- Graded browser support chart for jQuery Mobile
- Resolution Independent Mobile UI from David Kaneda
- Responsive Web Design article by Ethan Marcotte
Jonathan Stark is a mobile strategy consultant who helps CEOs transition their business to mobile. Unlike other mobile strategy consultants, clients work directly with Jonathan and not a group of junior employees who are learning on the job.