Wireless computing is rewriting our world. Mobile – the current killer app of wireless – is just the beginning. This half-day session will summarize the current landscape, extrapolate emerging trends 2-3 years out, and outline a customized business strategy for maintaining relevance in the coming 24/7 networked society.
To provide organizations with a high-level framework for the transition to a “mobile first” mindset.
Director, VP, SVP, CxO, Board Member.
3.5 hours + 30 minutes Q&A.
The power to initiate top down, enterprise-wide change.
- Big Picture
- End of the Industrial Age
- Mobile is radically disrupting business, but it’s just the beginning of a much larger wireless wave
- If you think you’re immune to disruption, it’s probably too late
- Embrace your core business, not your currrent profit centers
- Release control to gain engagement
- Smart Content
- Data wants to flow like water
- Content has to be output agnostic
- CMS must not be polluted with layout instructions
- A web publishing platform is not a CMS
- Self-Serve APIs
- Data silos must be deconstructed
- Departments shouldn’t have to schedule a meeting to share information
- Anything that can be publicly available should be publicly available
- Start Small
- Every new initiative should be designed for mobile first
- Mobile web experience is table-stakes
- Benefits of responsive web design
- Pros and cons of mobile HTML5 apps vs native apps
- Organizational Challenges
- Commander’s intent
- Incentive structures
- Departmental turf wars
- Digital governance
- The new IT department
- The Boston Globe: “Stop Committing Random Acts Of Mobility”
- Mobile Commerce Daily: “Mobile Payments and the Demise of the Cash Register”
- Wireless Week: “Igniting Mobile Apps for the Enterprise with HTML5”
- Mobile Marketer: “How Mobile Analytics Can Work”
- Creative Bloq: “The 10 principles of mobile interface design”
- MSNBC [VIDEO] - “Jonathan Stark interviewed live on MSNBC about mobile payments”
The fee for the strategy session is $7,000 USD, all inclusive (i.e., I arrange and pay for my own travel).
Please contact me to sign up or for more information.