Mobile devices are not “shrunken down” versions of their desktop cousins; in fact, mobile devices are far more sophisticated. Learning things the hard way in mobile means wasting tens (or sometimes hundreds) of thousands of dollars on misguided development efforts. Worse, you risk losing valuable competitive advantage by prolonging your time to market. Our consulting engagement will give you access to the strategic and tactical mobile expertise you need, when you need it.
How does it work?
Our agreement entitles you to unlimited 24/7 access to me via phone, email, and IM. I return all messages no later than the next business day, although in practice response time is much quicker (particularly between 9am to 5pm ET, but also nights and weekends).
Meetings are scheduled in advance, typically take place over the phone, and are sometimes supplemented with online meeting and/or screen sharing software (e.g. GoToMeeting, Skype, Join.me).
There are 6 possible areas of involvement:
- Participation in an initial in-depth, in-person meeting to define long-term business goals, existing legacy systems architecture, and organizational challenges.
- Regular meetings with the primary project contact to discuss strategy, longer-term issues, and business goals.
- Strategic and tactical advice based on a series of ongoing meetings with team leaders. These are individualized and mutually agreed upon. In addition, I'll serve as a sounding board as they work to achieve their business and technical goals.
- Technical review of APIs, IDEs, source code, documentation, and the like. Where appropriate, I'll provide code samples, proof-of-concept examples, and design mockups. Please note that authoring shipping code, designs, or documentation is not included in this agreement.
- Periodic competitive analysis and market insight based on interactions with the developer community, both in person (e.g. speaking engagements, meet-ups, user groups), and online (e.g. Twitter, RSS feeds, blog posts/comments, mailing lists).
- Situational responsiveness to needs that arise that you deem require my assistance, which are not covered elsewhere.
My fee is $15,000 USD per month, all inclusive (i.e., I arrange and pay for any necessary travel, administrative expenses, etc). Professional courtesy discounts are available for quarterly and annual arrangements. Participation is extremely limited. You can elect to be added to the waiting list if spots are not available.
Please contact me to sign up or for more information.
Articles by Jonathan
- The Boston Globe: “Stop Committing Random Acts Of Mobility”
- Mobile Commerce Daily: “Mobile Payments and the Demise of the Cash Register”
- Wireless Week: “Igniting Mobile Apps for the Enterprise with HTML5”
- Mobile Marketer: “How Mobile Analytics Can Work”
- Creative Bloq: “The 10 principles of mobile interface design”
- MSNBC [VIDEO] - “Jonathan Stark interviewed live on MSNBC about mobile payments”